Monday, February 25, 2008

It’s My Party and I’ll Wear a Boa If I want To!

First, let me preface by saying that this was not some crazy Kegger or wild party as one may think from some of the crazy pictures. The boa and crazy hat were forced upon my by my unrelenting guests and some of the pictures, when taken out of context…can be misinterpreted!

That said, the party that I had on Saturday to celebrate my 30th birthday was a big success. As I have never been a huge celebrator of my birthday, I felt as though I needed to do something to acknowledge my move out of my twenties and into what I have dubbed “My Dirty Thirties.”


Many of my friends, who have always been frustrated by my lack of birthday fanfare, were quite pleased with my decision to throw a party. Note to ALL…if you have friends willing to throw you a party, take them up on the offer. Although planning was a piece of cake, my purse strings would have loved it if someone else had footed the bill! Alas, it was exactly how I wanted it so I have absolutely no regrets. Plus, it forced me to finish some of those lingering tasks around the house. Erin has already told me that I am getting a surprise party for my 40th, and I have no say, so I am beginning to prepare myself now. I suppose I can let her win on one birthday.

Nonetheless, I had about 20 or so people over to celebrate. And what I have found is that when you gather a bunch of 30-somethings (who are normally very mellow and low key) in a house together on a Saturday night, they transform into cuckoos! Just kidding. But we all did try for the throw back to the college days. Operative word here is TRY. I can’t say we were very successful. The party ended up having a signature drink (dirty martinis of course), Jell-O shots, beer pong (using Natty Lites :)), and some pretty intense rock trivia games. There was even three whole minutes of a possible girl smack down, but maturity got the best of us.


I ended up WAY past my bed time since guests were still around after 3 am. Holy Smokes! Final Bed Time – 5am. I would say that it was a pretty darn good party. Good thing I only turn 30 once. I don’t think I could handle that again.

Giving me the infamous hat after the boa I am not happy about my ensamble!

Ahhh..the cake

Believe it or not..Aga is sober here!

No comments: