Precisely what I did yesterday in the middle of the street in Cranston. Picture this, 8 am Sunday morning, I am walking along the side walk to the gas station in search of 2 AA batteries. Most stores are closed so I know the gas station is my only hope. I am happily marching along with my brand new leather purse in tow (thank you Coach outlet in NH). Inside: 2 cell phones, a Kindle, keys, remote starter, etc. (keep this in mind).
As I try to walk into the gas station, a giant mound of snow is blocking the side walk. I am forced to walk along the street and make the turn in to the station this way. Just as I round the corner..BLACK ICE. ughhh.. I go flying, arms waving in the air, legs straight out from underneath me. I know that I am going to fall hard so I put my hands out to break my fall. I hit my wrists and chin on the cold, wet, icy pavement. I roll down the small hill that is the driving entrance to the gas station. My new purse goes flying through the air as if it had wings. I see it land in the middle of the road. NG. Just as I start to get up to retrieve said purse...I see it take flight again! This time after being side swiped by the car going a zillian miles a minute up the road. My new, beautiful cream colored purse is now covered in back slimely slush. Agggggggggggggggggggggggggg
I grabbed it off the road, walked into the gas station, got the batteries and two coffees and walked home. Wet, Cold, bruised, and utterly crushed. I sat down to survey the damage. Oddly, not a single thing got broken inside the purse. I have a new found appreciation for the protective cases bought for my electronic devises. And the new purse...wiped clean, and only one very tiny battle scar on the bottom.
UNBELIEVABLE! I came out in worse shape than the bag.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment