Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Great Thaw of 2011

Could it be that the sun is here to stay? Oh Please Oh Please Oh Please say yes!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the winter. I mean how could I not..I was born in the middle of a blizzard for crying out loud. But this winter has just been down right harsh and I have truly had my fill. I am done. All Bets Off. Game Over. Fin. Donsky.

I walked outside after work yesterday and it was still light out. THANK YOU! It is absolutely the worst thing ever when you wake up in the morning to go to the gym and work and it is dark, and then you leave work and it is dark again. Thankfully I have a window in my office, but it sometimes doesn't help. My body was craving sunlight, and yesterday mother nature delivered.
This morning for the first time in months I didn't use the automatic starter in my car. My hair didn't freeze into little brown icicles when I left the pool . And it was downright balmy when I left the house for work. I actually was not ready to cry either when I realized I was going to have to get out of my car to pump gas.

Alas, my poor little figure is not nearly ready for warm weather, shortsleeve shirts and shorts. So if only Mother Nature could give me the happy medium for a few months so I can kick it into high gear, that would be okay too.

What I don't want to think about is what all of this thawing snow is going to do to my back yard. Ugh. Soggy, muddy mess. Jay wants to get out the lawn roller and even everything out, fix the fence and lay more fill and reseed. So ambitious! I will gladly watch him do all of this from the comfort of the deck..once it becomes a deck again and not a giant, snow covered mound.

No comments: