Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Road Trip...Part 1!

Well, I am finally in a place that has internet, so I thought I would type a quick post about our adventures so far. I can't say that I have really minded having absolutely no technological contact with the world for the last five days. It has been wonderful. You know you are having an awesome vacation when you forget that everyday is not Saturday and you really have to ask what day it is in order to remember that it is the middle of the week.

Our adventure started out with an absolutely flawless day of travel. I mean truly flawless. We knew that we were going to be traveling for 24 hours straight so we were all a little nervous. We made it through the airport without hesitation and the flight was ontime and super smooth. (Always a plus with me) We grabbed the rental car and took off the Cruise America in Denver, CO. Again...no issues at all. We grab our Minnie Winnie and off we go for a six hour drive to Moab Utah!

The trip was planned strategically to wind through Colorada, along the river and through the Rocky Mountains. Through the Vail pass and into Utah. The drive was spectacular (except for the fact that we learned that my inner ear problem makes riding in the back of a very rickety RV slightly problematic...more to come on that in Part 2) and it was complete weather weirdness as we wound through the Rockies. Sunny and 62, then cloudy, then snowing, then raining, then sleeting, then sunny, then snowing, then blizzard. Craziness I tell you.

And the steepness...let us not forget about the steepness. I am NOT a fan of the steepness going down. Going up....NO PROBLEMO> Going down..let's just say...ummm..yikes. (We soon learn that my hatred of the downward steepness is more because of the RV...than me. ) We arrive in Moab. Moab, Moab Moab.. (I just like saying that) to beautiful weather and natural rock phenomenon like I have never seen.

More on Moab when I return from my Buffet at the Bellaggio!

No comments: