This would be the headline on the news if they were giving the traffic report about my drive into work this morning. And yes, I am serious.
The heavy rain and wind has caused the river that runs along the back side of my neighborhood to completely flood everything. It is truly nuts. There are only three ways out of my neighborhood, and all three were completly flooded this morning. So, about 5 minutes into my commute I get detoured up into various neighborhoods and tossed about 20 minutes out of my way. Not boding well for my timely arrival at work. Thinking that this was the worst of it, I am just about to get on the highway from my new location, when I am met, yet again, by a police detour. I am sitting there thinking it HAS to be because of the flooding. Nopski. It is because there is a flock of 40 wild turkeys in the middle of the highway onramp and they are trying to get them to saftey. Interesting. Very interesting. Ugly Buggers too! (Soooo NOT what you read about in the Pilgrim Books as a child. )
Needless to say, after detour number 2, there was no way I was getting to work on time and I couldn't help but laugh when I called the office to give them the reason why I was going to be a little late. I bet that will be one that goes in the HR history books....."Late due to Turkey"
Only me.
Side Note:.........Let's go baby Brindamour...we are all waiting!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I don't know, I wouldn't be surprised by your being late due to Wild Turkey...
Post a Comment