Sunday, November 1, 2009

Going Under The Knife...

So...just when I get back into the swing of my more frequent blog posts I have news to report. 

Tomorrow morning I am going under the knife and having eye surgery.  I wish I could say that I was having something fun like lasik..but alas, no.  I am getting surgery to correct a lovely (OK, Gross...)  lump on my eye that is a build up of scar tissue.  I got plaster in my eye in December while putting up some drywall.  I know, big surprise.  The plaster was removed by it caused inflammation and then the scar tissue.  It has progressively gotten worse and now has moved over my cornea. So, it has to be removed and then my eye has to be grafted and sutured to prevent the scar tissue from coming back.  I am soooooooooooo not excited about this.  But I know I have to have it done.  Allowing it to continue could lead to a loss in vision.  I know...you are all thinking...only Lesli.  Why me with the strange sicknesses!

Long story short.  Computers, a no no.  Driving, no no.  TV, in 1 hour spurts. Reading, No no.  For a minimum of 1 week, but most likely 2 weeks I can not use a computer.  Too much strain on the eye.  So I hate to say it, but blog posts will be on hold until at least November 16th :(   Total recovery time is 3-4 months but the Shoo will be back in full force as soon as I can.  Don't forget about me !

2 comments:

Phil said...

Ouch. But in the words of Norm Abram..."There is no more important safety rule than to wear these [point to eyes], safety glasses."

Which I am also horrible about, though I did make sure to sport them when using my circular saw to cut through concrete this weekend.

DJMoonbeem said...

So I read this a day late....it's nov. 2nd! I hope all went well with the surgery! I'll be happy when you're back in blog action and your eye is all better!