Monday, July 27, 2009

Olympia Sports ....Part 2

Ahhh, Debbie, great minds think alike.

Normally, yes, I would pen a lovely letter to their offices letting them know my displeasure. However, I was so infuriated after this who thing that I decided a call needed to be made. So after doing a little digging, I unearthed the direct phone number to their corporate offices. And luckily, our "wonderful" sales person was too stupid to realize that his name and his employee number printed out on the receipt. Sorry Charlie.

So first thing on Monday morning I made a phone call and got to speak with Joanne. I ran through the entire interaction that had taken place and was met with absolute silence. I actually had to say.."hello, you there" after about 20 seconds of quiet. She was soooooooooooo mortified by what had happened that she admitted that she was speechless.

I let her know that typically I like to call and commend great customer service when received, and that it felt strange to have to call with such a terrible experience.

She apologized a thousand times and was sure to let me know that the company prides itself on its education and customer service. Especially, she added, in today's economy when every customer is sacred. In a nut shell, she let me know that this attitude was un exceptable and that the sales manager for this office would never tolerate such behavior.

"There is a time and a place for education and retraining with employees, however, this is not one of them. The only lesson this employee will be learning is a hard one. He will learn how hard it is going to be to find a new job in a struggling economy with such a poor service ethic." She said " Employees sometimes forget that our customers are our bread and butter, and that without them, we have no paycheck." I couldn't agree more.

So after all was said and done, she asked me for my contact information. On Saturday I received a letter in the mail from Joanne. Apology apology..and enclosed a little tiny envelope. Handwirtten on the front was a note. ..

" Enclosed please find a gift card for $40 as reimbursement for your two pairs of shorts. It's the least we can do...I do hope that an isolated incident has not lost your business for good. Please know that the situation has been rectified appropriately. Best Wishes, Joanne. "