Sunday, July 19, 2009

Oh the Pain...

I am in the home stretch so to speak with my Triathlon Training. 1 month out and training is starting to kick my lily white ass. Sorry for being so frank, but it is the truth. I have now entered the stage of what they call "the bricks." For all of you non-triathletes, a brick is a double dose training. So, where before I would run one day, then swim the next, then bike...(you get the picture) the Brick is intended to prepare you for race day. So Monday I swim then run, Tuesday I run then bike, Wednesdays I swim then bike, Thursdays I bike than run, fridays I run than swim and Saturdays I run then run. On Sunday, I bathe in a vat of Ben Gay and curse the Gods of the Traithlon. What the HELL was I thinking.

Yesterday Leanne and I did a swim, Bike, to a mini run to get our legs used to the feeling....ummm, in a nut shell, it is the feeling of jello. MY legs were like gumbee legs. Ridiculous. This is going to be interesting. And she and I encountered a little thing yesterday that is NOT my friend. A little thing called WIND!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy freaking wind tunnel batman. We turned the corner and it was a like a wall. Bam! I was peddling my little Arse off and it was like I was getting no where. Fabulous. Then we finish, I get off the bike, ran about 50 yards and wanted to crumble.

We went to dinner an hour later and every inch of my body hurt. It hurt to blink. And to think, I am in pretty darn good shape right now. Lord Love a DUCK.

On a side note, and speaking of being Frank...I need to discuss by garden. If you were in my head you would know that this train of thought actually makes sense. Here... I said "sorry for being frank" which immediately made me think of Jay's uncle Frank. This made me think of the giant scallions that he gave me last year that I planted in my garden. This then made me think of how much they have grown yet NONE of the flowers that are in my garden have bloomed at all. Which led me to want to discuss my garden. Ok, now that we have that out of the way..

Let's discuss. I have no blooms in my garden. Not a single one. I live in a sea of greenery right now. Seriously. All of the plants came back, and they are all full and beautiful, but none of them have bloomed at all. I am assuming it is because it was so cold for so long and everything is a little delayed, but I am really bummed that my garden is not a flowering picture of beauty. I had such high hopes to walk out on to my deck each morning and drink my tea among the wildflowers with birds chirping and butterfies fluttering about. Ummm, no such luck. Ugh, well, I guess if that is the most that I have complain about in my life, things could be worse.

Oh, and when I cool down abit I will have to discuss Olympia Sports. That was interesting today. NOTE::::::::: NEVER SHOP AT THAT STORE AGAIN. More to come on that one later.

1 comment:

DJMoonbeem said...

So do you have a trainer that tells you what to do on what days or do you read about it online or what? Sounds like you're almost ready for it...you'll do great! :)