Wednesday, January 2, 2008

News Years Resolutions ‘Take 29…’


We know we all do it….resolve to do something spectacular in the New Year. Then we all fall flat on our face when we realize on December 31st at 11:59 that our resolutions for the next year look surprisingly similar to those from the year before. Don’t shake your heads at me…you know I am right. Go on…try and tell me I am wrong. I can say this with confidence because I am the worst offender. Hmmm, let’s use last year for example. Work out at work at least three days a week. January 3rd: I go running at lunch in the cold. I make it exactly .3 miles and slip on the snow and scrape my wrists. (No one saw…phewwww). January 4th: I chose to leave the gym bag at home. It still sits, packed on my closet floor. You know where I am going with this.

Come to think of it, I think I still have things from 2003 that I never did. This is not boding well for my future progress. Okay, regrouping…gimme a minute..okay..regrouped.

As Such, 2008 – I have decided to resolve one thing: Complete ALL my Freakin’ resolutions for cryin’ out load!!!!!!!!

This brings us to the list below. Yes, the dreaded resolution list. But this is not just any list, it is the list of all lists. This is the Elvis – Paul Oackenfold List (for those with furrowed brows of confusion) the “Little less conversation a little more Action” List.

Flaw in Resolution Plan: My sister so nicely pointed out that I tend to live my life by a checklist of “To Dos” . Impossible I say…then looking back. Oopps maybe I do this a little. And for what point. How silly. So, this year, with the supreme resolution list, I at least will have a good checklist if I’m going to have one at all!

Now, my list will not have 29 items on it (You know who you are heheheheheh :) )
But I think this is manageable. And no, there are no taking bets on any of this. This is merely a guideline of ideas, NOT a TO DO List.

In the next 364 days I will resolve to:

1. Not have ‘Life’ To Do Lists --- Hey, I have 364 days to get it together
2. Learn how to speak Italian (and fix my French and Spanish)
3. Compete in a mini- Triathlon
4. Hmmm that means I have to add…get in shape and exercise regularly thus leading to…
5. Shake my butt and tell myself I look hot, oh baby (making sure you were still with me)
6. Set up my Dark room and go out at least 1 time a week for a photo shoot
7. Write real letters to friends instead of only e-mails
8. Bring my sample book of invitations and cards to EG bridals and Cachet Fiore
9. Make 5 new friends that are completely opposite of me to bring a new element into the mix.
10. NOT be concerned with money and finances. I have my whole life to worry about that.
11. Visit my friends in different states at least once this year.
12. Be less judgmental. We all do it. Come on
13. Don’t sweat the small stuff and get angry. My weakest link.
14. Relax! Stress is an evil, evil thing that must be destroyed!

15. Achieve Nirvana (Okay, this may be pushing it)

That covers at least 2002-present.. I feel better already.

1 comment:

Phil said...

How about adding, "Post more than once a week to my blog so that others may appropriately laugh at my foibles."