Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Calling all Volunteers

Not so recent revelation…I am a bad dancer. Wait, clarification. I can waltz, foxtrot, two-step, and swing with the best of them, however, free dance... NOT SO MUCH. I went out on Friday night to hear DJ Mike Delick (Black Rep: Afrosonic DJ night) and I got up there and shook what I had to shake. But it wasn’t pretty that’s for sure. I wasn’t self conscious because of all the other girls out there shaking their thing. I was impressed by their ability to move. Then it hit me…why am I such a dork when it comes to dancing. I have rhythm and lord knows I am flexible. So why the inability to shake my butt with the crowd. I’m not just saying that either. I am a crappy dancer. I look like a bobble head with boots. It is terrible. Really Ugly to watch. This probably means that I should have sat down and saved the Black Rep from my U-G-L-Y on the dance floor, but I guess it is too late for that.

So calling all local volunteers who would like to teach me how to dance. You have a very eager and willing student here. Please help. If not for me…for all the poor folks who have ever had to go to a place with dancing…should I recall three years ago at the place in Narragansett with Leanne and friends. I was the ONLY person not dancing. No exaggeration. It was bad, really bad. Save me from my dance-less hell.

( P.S. Am I allowed to take back my comments about the dancer in the dress with the hat and the boots? I would like you to NOT consider my previous recommendation or observation. Bad idea, very bad idea. I attribute it to the Mojitos.)

No comments: