We interrupt this regularly scheduled blog post about vacation to discuss a topic that is becoming increasingly vexing to me. The whole 3D phenomenon. Why does every new movie that comes out have to now be in 3D?
1. You have to go see these movies at the IMAX, which means I can NOT use my beloved movie passes and actually have to pay for the movie. At $12.75 a pop...I don't think so.
2. You have to wear those ridiculous glasses that are no longer those fun little paper disposable ones. Nope, these are plastic ones that they reuse. Yes, I said reuse. They claim that they sanitize them..but really? Do they? What if that 6 year old stuck part of those glasses up their nose. Yuck. I don't even want to think about it.
3. You have to go to the Providence Place Mall to see the movie. This means dealing with all of the people who are at the mall because it has air conditioning, fighting in the parking garage for a space that is too small to fit a bicycle, let alone a car, and having to PAY to park.
4. I want to be able to sit and actually watch a movie. I don't want to be PART of the movie. If I am focusing so much on all the things that are flying at me...do you really think I am paying attention to the plot. So we come full circle to the fact that I have just paid $12.75 to not really watch a movie.
5. What kind of evening am I looking at here too.. $ 25.50 for two tickets, $3 for parking, $7.50 for a popcorn, $8.50 for two sodas. Jeepers, I might as well give them my first born child to see this stinking movie.
So, tell me why is this 3D thing such a big deal all of a sudden? Tell me, really, I want to know. I just watched the new Harry Potter trailer for the last movie. I loved it so much that it gave me goose bumps. And then...at the very end it says..."Get the full wizarding experience as Harry Potter comes to you in 3D". NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Ugh. Why can't we just go back to the regular movies so I can use my fun little movie passes, not have to fight any crowds, only have to drive 1.3 miles to the theater and be able to get tasty movie treats without having to take our a second mortgage on my house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
uhhmm all those movies are still being shown in regular old theaters in 2D so you do have a choice. Some of them you can still see in 3D in a regular movie theater as well. So don't feel to bad cuz 2D won't go away anytime soon. I have a way bigger problem with 3D TV's that they are starting to push at you. 3D is cool put a lot more harmful for your health than people think, especially for kids. And I do agree with the whole problem of sharing the glasses.
Totally NOT into 3D movies. They make me want to vomit so for me, they are out of the question. They do still have most of the movies regular as well so join the 3D boycott so they don't stop showing movies in the regular view! lol Also, don't even get me started on the glasses sharing...you know my germ problems.
Post a Comment