It is no surprise to anyone who knows me, that I : 1. Love to Cook.. and 2. Love Julia Child and have always wanted to make these fantastical things that she used to talk about. So, now that Julia Child is "all the rage" (due to the recent movie made about her life) no one thinks it is weird that I longed for her cookbooks and wanted to really learn some skills in the kitchen.
Don't get me wrong, my mother has taught me very well, but I am REALLY good at cooking all the things that she made for me growing up...and not much else. Enter Julia and Mastering the Art of French Cooking. My thought....if I can learn the techniques...then I can become more creative and daring with my cooking. The recipes are long (some reach 17 pages) and they use foods I have never heard of before... but let me tell you, this women knew how to write a cookbook. The instructions are clear, well thought out, well organized, and when you read it....you feel like she is standing next to you telling you what to do. Fabulous!
Jay was skeptical of the use of a cookbook. He hails from the school of " Buy what looks good and figure out your dish after you have already made half of it!)
But let me tell you...he is now a Julia believer. oh yes
What brought him over to the dark side...Please see below!
Boeuf Bourguignon(Before I had drained and cleaned the crock...per her suggestions..still looks delicious though!)
A Cheese Soufflé (I need to learn to be a little cleaner with my cooking..but it didn't drop!!!!)
And let me tell you.. I ate the whole thing. Every last little tiny bite of everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment