Wednesday, June 3, 2009

When Did Coffee Become Crack?

When did it become okay for "not having your morning coffee" to be the excuse for everything. really? Is that a valid excuse for life? Last I checked coffee was not an illicit substance and it did not have the addictive qualities of crack, yet people walk around as if it does... I see glassed over eyes, people twitching, some folks get really cranky and snappy. Next thing you know I will hear people whispeing under their breaths as they walk by "hey man, you gotta dose". How have we let it get this far gone. Really.

I am sorry if you have not had caffiene this morning. I am also sorry that you have allowed yourself to become a complete poopy head because you have not had your morning coffee. However, please do not tell me that you are completely incapable of doing your work, forgot to walk the dog, couldn't find appropriate work clothes, can't do the laundry, have to leave the dishwasher full, couldn't possibly drive into the city simply becuase you have yet had your daily cup a joe!

You mean to tell me that this small little cup of hazelnut heaven is the complete ruler over your life and functionality and without it you are a giant pile of mush. Hmmm, I am thinking that this excuse would not go over well with a boss who was delivering an annual review. When asked why you couldn't meet your sales goals you say " well....I blame it on the damn coffee man...it is consuming my life. I need help." If it won't fly there, gimme one good reason as to why it she fly anywhere else. Hmm. come' on!




No comments: