Sunday, March 15, 2009

How Can I be Motivated....

...when I have to do 75 things before I am actually ready to go out and do my training for the tri?

No, it is never easy hear at Pemberly. OH NO! It is not just a matter of getting the new equipment for the bike, installing it, and then off I go on a ride. Nope. If it worked that way I would know that it is really the end of the world and I should prepare for the end of life as we know it. All I wanted to do was get the bike ready with some new toys and then take her out for a little spin. Not so much. First, I could not get the bike out of the garage. Why? Well last fall dad and I installed these great hooks to jack the bikes up to the ceiling of the garage in order to give more room. Awsome, however, I don't think that should have given dad the "go ahead" to pile as much stuff as humanly possible underneath them. As a result, it took me moving the lawn mower, two chairs, a saw table, Christmas decorations, and kayak paddles to actually get the bike down. Motivation Dwindling.

Get the bikes out and check the tires. Little air. Perfect. With that done, all I had to do was attached the water bottle holder and the odometer. Easy Peaasy Lemon Squeezy. Oh wait, this is me, what am I thinking. Well, I have a hybrid bike so there was no place for the water bottle and the screws were not long enough. I had to use zip ties to hold it on and then the stinking thing would not stay in place. Easy job...took 45 minutes. Motivation continues to dwindle.

Odometer....too complicated to explain on a blog. After almost an hour, it was lined up and registerd. Ready to go. Ummmm...getting colder out and Motivation is at all time low. NG> I had to go in and change my clothes at this point because it was now to cold and windy to go biking in shorts. Clothes changed and I am ready to go, I start to ride and notice that one of my brake pads is rubbing alittle. Need to ajust. Okay, done. When all was said and done, I only had enough time to get in a 4 mile ride before it had gotton too dark. Man.

Well Fiddle de dee. Tomorrow is another day.

1 comment:

DJMoonbeem said...

4 miles is a great ride - better than nothing and certainly more than I could do!