Monday, December 8, 2008

The Catch 22

So, the good thing is, I cleaned my house from top to bottom so that I could decorate for Christmas.

When I say cleaned, I really mean.....I scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed my house until it was squeaky. Since I had been so busy in the last few weeks, I will admit that my cleaning skills and my current status as a neat freak were definitely in question. Even though I had said every weekend for the last three weeks that I was determined to clean, it had yet to happen. So this weekend...the perfect excuse came along to shackle me to the house and clean. I received a call on Friday that the new boiler was going to be delivered Monday morning, and there would need to be room for it in the garage. PERFECT. An excuse to finally clean the garage! Trust me...it needed it. My plan was then to tackle the inside of the house on Saturday evening and then use Sunday to put up the decorations! Sooo..

My dad and I spent most of the day on Saturday lifting, throwing, chopping, carrying, moving, and dismantling most of the garage. The end result was that it was so clean I may even be able to fit a car inside! One job down...two more to go. On to the inside. This was going to be a challenge. Needless to say I started at 3:30 in the afternoon and by 2 in the morning I had beautified the entire downstairs and all but my bedroom upstairs. Don't be fooled here people....I have decided that my house only LOOKS small. Geez Louise!

Anywho, I was going to save the bedroom for tomorrow since that was a feat in and of itself. Yous see, I have a small issue with actually hanging up my clothes after I wear them...with two cats.. Not such a good idea....this small issue usually results in about 12 loads of laundry. OK, moving on.. As you can imagine, just the cleaning alone was enough to render me almost immobile. Ahhh the pain of manual labor. Then there came the tree and all the decorations. I managed to get this done without any major mishaps (not counting the faulty tree stand incident of course). So the house was clean, it was Sunday night, and I could finally relax and enjoy my nice clean house. YAY.

Jammies on...socks at the ready...I am going to relax in bed....let me just put this one last think in my purse.................

Note to self, hard wood floors and stairs have a tendency to by slippery after cleaning. Yup, you guessed it....down I went. Head bobbing on each stair I as flew down them. Thinking...please don't let me die here and have my cats eat me.....(okay, this was a little morbid) anywhooooo, I sheepishly went to bed that night only to wake up this morning covered in bruises, head to toe. Guess I am not wearing strapless to the Christmas party this year :(

As I mentioned, the good news is, I cleaned my house...the bad news is.....I cleaned by house. Apparently, messy floors make for good traction.

1 comment:

Phil said...

A truly cautionary tale. That, or you need socks with those little rubber pieces on the bottom.