Monday, July 21, 2008

Apple "Boo's"

So my friend and I went to Applebee's for dinner tonight so we could chat and just relax before she heads off to Vegas for 2 weeks. I think she just wanted to get a head start on her relaxing. Anywhooo, we went to Applebee's right near my house. Quick, easy, and they have a nice selection of healthier fare. However, I think I have a sign on my head that magically appears when I walk into a restaurant. It reads, "Hostess, Please seat me at the table that is in the way of everyone and everything, that is surrounded by misbehaving children, has the worst waiter on duty, and was last occupied by the messiest patron on the planet."

I say this only because it is the only way that I can rationalize why I end up at these exact tables. I used to think that I was expecting too much, or that I clearly had outrageously unattainable demands for my dining experiences. Alas, I am confident that it is NOT me. I am always getting the most ridiculous situations. I won't bore you with details, but luckily the conversation was so captivating that I didn't dwell on the complete absenteeism of our waiter or the child who felt the need to play with his trucks in my friends dinner plate.

I think I will stick to cooking for a while and just try and shake it off!

2 comments:

DJMoonbeem said...

I'm sorry...I was trying to concentrate on your post but I am in such awe of the cutest baby on the planet that you are holding in your profile pic. Gosh what a sweatheart...his mom must be just lovely! ;-)

Phil said...

I think the last time I went into an Applebee's was years ago, with you, when they tried to kill me with raw chicken.