Friday, June 27, 2008

The Entertainer!

Okay, even though I have seen him 5 times in concert….it just never gets old. Last night Erin, Sharon and I accompanied my mom and dad and 8 of their closest friends to the Billy Joel concert at Mohegan Sun. It was awsome, as always. He played for 3 straight hours and it was never a dull moment. At one point, he had his guitar roadie get on stage and do a version of Highway to Hell. Interesting…but it was fun. Billy is Spicin’ it up a little.

He played so many good songs:

Angry Young Man
My Life
The Entertainer
The Downeaster Alexa
Allentown
Zanzibar
New York State of Mind
Movin’ Out
Keeping the Faith
Don’t Ask Me Why
She’s Always A Women
Captain Jack
The River of Dreams
Highway to Hell
We Didn’t Start the Fire
It’s Still Rock n’ Roll to Me
You May Be Right
Scenes from an Italian Restaurant
Only the Good Die Young
Piano Man

So Good. So So Good. We had a ton of fun and when we were done we went into the casino to play the “sluts.” That is what my Gram used to call the slots. Good Times. Good Times. I went bust on the Double Diamonds but my mom and dad did pretty well. I don’t think any of us will be quitting our day jobs to enter into a life of professional poker or gambling of any sort.

All in all, a great night out. However, not such a great morning having to get up for work after getting home and in bed after 3 am!

2 comments:

DJMoonbeem said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DJMoonbeem said...

We Didn't Start the Fire....one of my all time favs. Was actually on the radio the other day and I still managed to remember *most* of the words! Must have been a fun concert! :-)