Friday, June 20, 2008

Awkward Flattery


So I am digging through piles and piles of exterior shutters at a Builders Surplus in CT. I look ridiculous because I am still in my work clothes (black capri pants, green silk top, 4 inch heels) but I was on a mission for shutters and didn't care that I was wearing impractical footwear. Anywhoooooooooooo, a young guy at the store comes out to help. Every 15 minutes while we are pouring over boxes of shutters he turns to me and goes "God, you are beautiful." I kid you not. He really blurted that out. Multiple times. I said thank you and continued to dig.

Is that normal? I mean, it is always nice to get compliments, but it just seemed so weird to me. Just blurting that out. ALOT. He was an employee at a store sent out to help me...and he just kept saying it. Once maybe..but every 15 minutes. I continued to dig.

I left with 15 pairs of shutters...and quite possibly a fan for life. Ahh..all in a days work.

1 comment:

Phil said...

Maybe he was talking to the shutters...?