Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Tut Tut..Looks Like Rain

Is anyone else feeling the negative humdrum effects of this yucky weather? It is April 1 and yes I know...April showers bring May flowers. yadda yadda yadda. Quite frankly, I WANT SUN. This is particularly interesting for me to say, as I am known by many to be a snow baby who loves the cold and the snow. But please do not forget....that it can be sunny and cold and snowy all at the same time. I WANT SUN. I have about had it with the gloomy, cold, unforgiving skies that completely...for lack of a better term...rain on my parade. I don't like that cold and sticky feeling that sits with you all day at your desks after you hurriedly ran into the office in the morning. Or the slight chill that seems to linger in the office no matter how high you turn up the heat. And that horrible look that your hair gets when it gets pelted by the constant misting rain from your back door to your car on your way to work...leaving you with horrible hair for the rest of the day and that little voice in your head that won't stop making you worry about just how bad your hair really looks. (OK, maybe that only happens to me) Regardless, rainy days do absolutely NOTHING for me unless I am curled up on my couch, snuggled up under a blanket and watching some ridiculously long movie(ahhh Jane Austin) or "marathon" that keeps me utterly engrossed for hours on end. I thought perhaps if I crinkled my nose up tight and concentrated really hard, that the rain would stop and the sun would come out. I was wrong and all I have to show for my attempts is the slight headache that I gave myself. Really, did I happen to mention that I WANT SUN. It is an absolute necessity at this very minute. I can't focus, I can't be productive, I can't even whine very well....I am sooooooooooooo ready for spring.

No comments: