Thursday, September 20, 2007
I have caved and gone to "The Dark Side"
I find myself typing with one eye partially closed, my mouth pinched, and a wrinkled nose. I can't believe that I am actually typing my first post. The face is my way of convincing myself that maybe it isn't actually happening. Three weeks ago I didn't even know what blogging was. No really, I didn't know. Abby came along and introduced me to a world I never knew existed. First impressions....what the hell is this thing. I e-mailed my friend Nick in a fury to see what the obsession with these things were, he was in the same boat I was. He replied "I Do Not Blog!" After a day of blog overload and thinking that everyone I knew had WAY too much time on their hands I relaxed and really got into the heart of it. A strange thing happened though, I found myself going onto friends sites all the time to see what they were up to. I found blogs for people that I haven't seen or talked to in years and suddenly felt this rush of excitement. It was as if we didn't live miles apart anymore. I was dancing around my computer desk!!!! Why you ask...well you see, I suffer from the worst problem...Failure to Launch (when it comes to keeping up with friends and family) . For someone who spends much of their time creating cards and notes for strangers, you would think that I would be able to spread some of that around to my friends. You would be wrong. It isn't complacency, or a lack of desire, I just stink at it. Most of my friends are resigned to the fact that I may never be good at keeping them up to date on my life. But then...BLOGGING! It is as if the mother ship is calling my home or something. A prayer answered for all those who suffer from the same pathetic inability to type an e-mail or pick up the phone. Although I am not 100% convinced that I will be any good at this either, I figured, what do I have to lose. So, as I open that squinted eye a little more, I get ready to hit publish. My blog may not boast the adorable baby pictures like those of my friends, but hey, I have to start somewhere! Keep your fingers crossed, I'm attempting to set sail....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment