Holy Macaroni!
The last week of April was totally Insane at the Powell House. Updates All around!
On Thursday the 21st, Jay and I headed South to sunny Key West Florida for the nuptials of our good friends Steve and Leanne. I'll have pictures to post shortly of our trip. Needless to say, we had an absolutely amazing time and loved, loved, loved our time there. I can certainly see the two of us venturing back there again. The sun was hotter than anything I have ever experienced...even hotter than Bermuda, but it was a blast. Thank you to Steve and Leanne for including us in your special day.
We returned home on Tuesday so that Jay could be back in class for the end of his culinary trimester. Upon our return, Jay found out that he was accepted by the Capital Grille in Providence for his final Co-Op. This is big news for Jay and a long time coming. He will be starting there in June and (provided he doesn't burn the kitchen down) they will be extending him an offer of employment upon completion of his co-op. Yippppeee.
The excitement continued on Thursday when we got the call that my sister was in labor!! (keep in mind people, her due date was May 17th!!) Good thing that little peanut didn't decide to come out with I was in Key West! So on Thursday evening, we drove down to the hospital in New Jersey and waited for our little peanut to arrive. And waited. And waited..and waited. I was probably the only American who was actually awake to watch the royal wedding. What the heck else was I going to do, right? At last, at 11:00 on the money friday morning, my niece Amelia Alyce Riley made her grand entrance. (There was debate about naming her Her Royal Heiness Catherine Elizabeth, but it got squashed pretty quickly)
we oooood and ahhhhed and then Dad and I had to hop in the car and drive back to RI for the weekend festivities. A mere 24 hours in NJ was not so bad considering all that happened :)
Oh, and did I forget to mention that while awaiting the arrival of said lovebug, my mom received the news that she had won the "Presidential Award for Excellence in Mathematics and Science. " Not too shabby for a first grade teacher from little Rhody. She will be honored by the President in DC the week of May 17th. Among the many events planned for her award is a Dinner with the President at the State Department and events at the white House. Yup..ah huh...that's my mom!!
To finish the week strong, we had Little Birdie Papercraft's Open House on Saturday and Sunday. My store made it's grand debut to the people of Historic Pawtuxet Villiage. Pictures of the store, of Amelia, Key West and everything else to follow. The Open house was a success and it generated a ton of traffic. The people of the village were amazingly supportive and so many of them, as well as my friends and family came by to spread the word. I couldn't have asked for a better weekend. All of the long nights and hard work have paid off and here's to hoping for more weekends like this one!
All in all it was a jam packed week of excitement. I really don't know how May will be able to top this one....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment