Since I have recently lost a guaranteed income??????
Let me fill you all in here. For those of you who are unaware, my family has a ridiculous amount of holiday traditions. No matter how hard my parents have tried to end some of these childish rituals, my sister and I do not budge. I mean, there is something really wrong about the fact that my sister and I still each get a new pair of shoes every Christmas that come perfectly wrapped in the little Strawberry Shortcake boxes shaped like a house. (And yes, our feet are so small the shoes still fit) If it were up to my mom, those boxes would be burned, but then she would have to feel the wrath of Alyson and Lesli. Soooooo, you get the idea, and yes these things carry over to most holidays. Which brings us to Easter. Life as I know it is over. What is this world coming to. For 30 years my parents have appeased my sister and I by painting REAL eggs every year and then having an insanely competitive hunt the next morning. This thing is serious folks. Every year at least one egg is lost forever, my dad started drawing maps in 1988 in order to stay on top of things. There are videos of my sister stealing eggs out of my basket when I wasn't looking (I was two). These things are hard core. we don't mess around, and we NEVER miss a hunt. Friends who have come to my house for Easter have had to partake in the festivities...even when we were in college (you know who you are and I have it on film so don't try and deny it!) Anywhoooooooooooooooooo. The best part of all is that even since I was a baby, half of the plastic eggs get filled with...MONEY! It started out with pennies, then nickles, dimes...quarters. In my twenties the eggs were topped off at five dollar bills. That's right folks...there was serious money to be made on this day (and rejoice rejoice for all the other things about Easter) but really....it was all about the hunt. I counted on this income baby. I had a Wii with my name on it....Hello...visions of Nintendo all over again. I am the ROCK STAR of the hunt. Alas this year....we didn't even so much as look at an egg, let alone paint it. My parents watched Martha Stewart paint eggs. Not the same thing. As for the hunt. Non existent. People. You are killing me here. What does a girl have to do to get some Easter love....ugh. And end of an era. What's next? No pajamas on Christmas Eve!!! Stop the Madness.
No comments:
Post a Comment